Gunung Sinabung has been spewing ash with more and more regularity.
On 2nd August 2017, the biggest eruption yet has spilt ash over surrounding villages of the Karo regency in North Sumatra. The activity is part of an ongoing trend with no end in sight.
Here are 16 Powerful Images from the most recent eruption of Gunung Sinabung…
1) 17 People Have Been Killed Since The Eruptions Started
2) The Volcano is 8,080 Feet (2,460 m) Tall
3) 19 Smaller Eruptions And Lava Flows Have Occurred In The Last Few Months
4) Indonesia’s Centre for Volcanology and Geological Hazard Mitigation Has Warned Residents To Stay Outside A 7km Radius
5) 30,000 People Have Evacuated Their Villages
6) Hot, Thick Ash Fell On Nearly A Dozen Local Villages
7) National Disaster Mitigation Agency Spokesman Sutopo Purwo Nugroho Said Thousands Of People Affected By Ash Fall
8) One School In Kuta Rakyat Had To Send Students Home