Belitung has been attracting Indonesian and hardened international travellers for years.
But with its first International route coming from KL, Belitung is opening up to the world. As one of the “New Bali’s” we have been hearing about, we want to show you what all the fuss is about.
Here are 15 beautiful photos of Belitung that will have you booking the next flight…
1) On September 10, 2017, The H.A.S. Hanandjoeddin International Airport In Belitung Is Set To Welcome Its First Ever International Flight
2) The Flight Departs From Kuala Lumpur And Will Take 1.30 Hours
3) 188 tourists From Malaysia Will Travel With Sriwijaya Air, Arriving At 10 a.m.
4) Belitung Is In An Ideal Position, Lying In the Middle Of KL And Jakarta
5) Previously, H.A.S. Hanandjoeddin Airport Only Served Domestic Routes…
6)… Such As Belitung to Pangkal Pinang, Belitung to Palembang and Belitung to Jakarta.
7) Belitung Was Previously Marked As An Island To Be One Of Indonesia’s “10 New Bali’s”
8) Tourism Minister Arief Yahya Has Said The Upgraded Airport Is Crucial To Boosting Tourism
9) The Seas Surrounding Belitung Are Rich In Marine Life And Perfect For Snorkeling
10) Belitung Isn’t The Biggest Island
11) It Has A Population Of Around 270,000 people
12) And Is Only 4,800 Km Squared.
13) Tourist Will Be Flocking Due To Belitungs Calm Tourquise Water…
14) Bone White Sand…
15) And Incredible Instagram Opportunities.
While opening up Indonesia to the world is a positive thing, we hope that the tiny island can maintain its beauty.
If you visit Belitung, be sure to respect the people who call the island “home,” look after the island’s environment, take only memories and leave nothing but footprints.
Then we can be sure that Belitung will be enjoyed for generations to come!