Generally, Indonesian’s are a pretty chilled out bunch. Generally.
But push the wrong buttons and they can be set off. That’s why we’ve collected a list of things that can make an Indonesian angry, so you are better able to avoid their wrath.
So here are 15 things you may want to avoid doing to an Indonesian…
1) Seeing our flag and saying “Hey, is that the Polish flag?”
2) Assuming that Indonesia is ‘Third World’
We have the Internet guys, how else did we make WowShack?
3) By saying “Oh, is Indonesia like, near Bali?”
4) Expressing opinions on the WHOLE country based on your experiences in Jakarta / Bali only
5) Make us “lose face” in public
6) Saying that we’re all bad drivers
It actually takes mad skill and patience to drive in Indonesia!
7) Complain about our food hygiene
…well, WE don’t get sick!
8) Mistaking our extra-friendly nature for us hitting on you
Get over yourself!
9) Telling us Indomie tastes crap
10) Refuse when we offer you something to eat or drink
11) Diss a fellow Indonesian
12) Say that rendang, batik and orangutans are Malaysian
13) Bring up Communism in 1965… Yikes
14) Only ever trying Nasi Goreng and claiming you “love Indonesian food”
15) When you take life too seriously
We’re all pretty laid back, so let’s all just take it easy and enjoy life a little!