According to Antara News, Indonesia produces 5.4 million tons of plastic every year. Where does it all go? A lot of it goes into landfills, where it begins a 450 year decomposition process- others sit in rivers, lakes, beachfronts, sidewalks, heaps and dumps. It's a blight on what is actually a beautiful country.
These 25 photos only further reiterate that change is needed.
3) Kuta Beach, Island of the Gods
7) Bantar Gebang Landfill
8) Bantar Gebang Landfill 2
15) Stand Up Paddle, Ciliwung
18) Not Quite Waterbom (Cilincing)
21) Dinner with a View, Sulawesi
24) The Cholesterol of the Citarum River Artery
25) Is This Really Indonesia?