As we enter The Year of The Goat, WowShack looks at how Indonesia celebrated Chinese New Year.
During Suharto's reign, observing Chinese New Year in public was forbidden. Even lighting beautiful Chinese lanterns was illegal.
Fast forward to the present day, and the occasion has become a symbol of Indonesia's Unity In Diversity.
Here is how Indonesia celebrated Chinese New Year in 2015:
3) Everyone's Getting Involved!
5) And What Is a Party Without a Beat?
7) Vibrant Costumes Is What The Day Is Renowned For
9) Even, For 2015 At Least, The Goats...
10) However, Some Would Rather Observe The Day In Silence
11) Or As a Family Gathering to Acknowledge a Deep Cultural Heritage
12) What Could Be a Better Motive And Force For Peace?